These include but are not limited to the following:
The instructor must:
- work within their area of knowledge and expertise, supported by a nationally accredited instructor qualification/certificate in the specific area of instruction and apply relevant health and safety guidelines at all times
- pre-screen each participant prior to every training session, via the full reading of these guidelines. If the participant has any medical conditions, injuries or other conditions which may affect their participation in the offered exercise videos they must gain consent from their GP prior to participation
- assess the suitability of the activity in the videos suggested for the different levels – beginners – intermediate- advanced
- provide safe and effective instruction to prevent injury and promote health
- ensure confidentiality of data in line with GDPR. Relevant permission must be gained in order to share content
- limit session times to suit individual ability levels
It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure:
- there is sufficient space to perform the exercises safely and move freely without obstacles or obstructions, free from furniture, equipment and other hazards – a minimum of two square metres per person
- any equipment is safe and in a suitable condition for the activity being performed. Work to be done on a non-slip Yoga or Pilates mat. Hand weights to be a suitable size and weight. Resistance bands are regularly checked for damage or splits and if found are disposed of and a new band purchased. Exercise balls are not over inflated, and the plug is secure in the valve.
- the surrounding floor space is entirely clear to remove any hazards that may increase the risk of slips, trips or falls
- there are no distractions throughout the duration of the session
- there is sufficient heating, lighting, ventilation and hydration.
- If any discomfort or pain is experienced during the sessions, stop immediately and if necessary, consult a doctor
In addition, the following disclaimer applies in respect of Body Sculpt Pilates pre-recorded sessions:
As with all fitness and exercise programmes, when using this exercise video you need to use your common sense. To reduce and avoid injury, you will want to check with your doctor before beginning any fitness programme. By performing any fitness exercises without supervision, you are performing them at your own risk. Body Sculpt Pilates will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you sustain as a result of this fitness programme, DVD, online fitness video or information shared on our website. This includes emails, videos and text.